[R-sig-Geo] Reading vector data from GRASS GIS.-

Freddy López freddy.vate01 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 04:36:08 CEST 2011

Hello guys,

I think this question is in the border: r-sig-geo or grass-user list...

I want to do some interpolation using GRASS' graphical features but
using code and libraries written in R and I'm trying to follow section
10.2.1 from 3rd edition GRASS BOOK (Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS
Approach).

I create a location into GRASS, venest3, apparently with no problem
and I can plot it using d.vect.

After starting R and run the readVECT6 function I get

> readVECT6('venest3')
Error en ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer, input_field_name_encoding =
input_field_name_encoding) :
 Cannot open layer

I have experimented using the spearfish60 file and it works perfectly
(I selected randomly geology...):

> readVECT6('geology'))
OGR data source with driver: GRASS
Source: "/home/vate01/grassdata/spearfish60/PERMANENT/vector/geology/head",
layer: "1"
with 422 features and 2 fields
Feature type: wkbPolygon with 2 dimensions

Both locations (venest3 and spearfish60), inside its 'vector'
directory have the same six files: cidx, coor, dbln, head, hist, topo.

Have you any ideas how can I solve this situation? How to read my vector data?

Thanks in advance.-

--
«But Gwindor answered: 'The doom lies in yourself, not in your name.'»

JRR Tolkien