[R-sig-Geo] moving average along transects

Raphael.Viscarra-Rossel at csiro.au Raphael.Viscarra-Rossel at csiro.au
Tue Jun 7 15:41:15 CEST 2011

Hello

I have a spatial dataset that is made up of 60 transects (of different lengths and not all are straight) across a large area and I want to filter the data along each transect using moving averages.

The data is in a SpatialPointsDataframe with 30,000 obs (rows) and 50 variables (cols). There are no Ids for the transects…although it would not be hard to add them…

I would like to filter the data from each of the 50 variables along these transects.

There are no IDs for the transects and each transect can only be identified by their coordinates.

Any ideas on how I might do this will be appreciated?

Best wishes

Raphael