[R-sig-Geo] simulated rasters?

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 19:42:02 CEST 2011

Hi Agus,

I have implemented a similar function in raster version 1.8-31, such
that you can coerce from grf to Raster* objects

library(geoR)
library(raster)
sim <- grf(441, grid="reg", cov.pars=c(1, .25), nsim=4)
b <- brick(sim)
# or
x <- as(b, 'RasterBrick')

# and
r <- raster(sim)
r <- raster(sim, 2)

Not much tested or optimized, obviously.

Best,
Robert