[R-sig-Geo] Shapefile Compatibility

Wang, Kevin (SYD) kevinwang at kpmg.com.au
Mon Jul 25 04:43:13 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Apologies for the non-reproducible code.

I've downloaded the following two files from the website:
  * State Suburbs ASGS Non ABS Structures Ed 2011 Digital Boundaries in ESRI Shapefile Format
  * Australian Drainage Divisions ASGS Non ABS Structures Ed 2011 Digital Boundaries in MapInfo ESRI Shapefile Format

I then unzipped them into a folder and tried to read in:
  * SSC_2011_AUST.shp
  * ADD_2011_AUST.shp
using the code I mentioned (separately, of course).

sessionInfo() gave me:
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices datasets  utils     methods   base

other attached packages:
 [1] rgdal_0.7-1     rgeos_0.1-8     stringr_0.5     gdata_2.8.2     classInt_0.1-14
 [6] e1071_1.5-26    class_7.3-3     maptools_0.8-9  lattice_0.19-23 sp_0.9-83
[11] foreign_0.8-43  gpclib_1.5-1    rcom_2.2-3.1    rscproxy_1.3-1

[1] grid_2.13.0  gtools_2.6.2 plyr_1.5.2   tools_2.13.0

Thanks!

Kevin