[R-sig-Geo] Fill in empty links with nearest neighbors

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Jul 18 20:21:10 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011, Kitty Lee wrote:

> Hi. I have a shapefile. I guess because of cartography problem, the
> border of some of the units that are supposed to be physically connected
> are 'snapped' properly. As a result, when I use poly2nb, there are empty
> links.

Did you notice on the help page for poly2nb() that you can snap within the
function? Had you quoted your code verbatim, and added the output of
sessionInfo(), replying would have been easier. If you did use the snap=
argument, are your polygons malformed? Can you clean then in a topological
GIS first?

Hope this helps,

Roger