[R-sig-Geo] estUDm not accepted by kerneloverlaphr

Tom_R tom.richardson at bristol.ac.uk
Sat Feb 26 16:56:51 CET 2011

Hi List!
I converting my script from the old adehabitat to adehabitatHR and
adehabitatTR, in order to take advantage of the Biased Random Bridge
utilisation distribution estimation techniques.
However, the BRB (in adehabitatHR) outputs an "estUDm" object, which
kerneloverlaphr doesn't accept; it only accepts khrud or kbbrud objects
(from the original adehabitat).
It seems that adehabitatHR provides the facility to  converting khrud to
estudm, using "khr2estUDm" but not the reverse. Also, adehabitatHR doesn't
seem to include a newer version of kerneloverlaphr...

So my question is simple; how do I persuade adehabitat's kerneloveraphr to
accept adehabitatHR's estUDm objects?

Many thanks !

Reproducible code :

library(adehabitat)
library(adehabitatHR)

x<- runif(100)
y<-runif(100)
z<- seq(1:100)
xy <- as.matrix(data.frame(cbind(x,y)))
id <- as.factor(c(rep(1,50),rep(2,50)))
class(z) <- "POSIXct"
traject <- as.ltraj( xy, z, id, typeII=TRUE )
traject <- rec(traject)

D <- BRB.D(traject, Tmax=100, Lmin=0.05)
UD <- BRB(traject, D, tau=1, Tmax=100, Lmin=0.05, hmin=0.2) ## Biased random
bridge

contr1 <- getverticeshr(UD[[1]], lev =50)
contr2 <- getverticeshr(UD[[2]], lev =50)
plot(contr1, add=TRUE, col=rgb(0,0,0,0.2))  ## plot
plot(contr2, add=TRUE, col=rgb(0,0,0,0.2))

overlap <- kerneloverlaphr(UD, method = "UDOI")   ## ERROR: need to convert
estUDm to khrud or kbbrud