[R-sig-Geo] Non Square Pixels

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 22:36:06 CET 2011

Almost any of the formats supported by rgdal will support non-square
pixels. The rgdal package defaults to GeoTIFF, which certainly can.

You probably need to determine which format is required by your ESRI
product, but if it is a recent release i.e. ArcGIS 9.2 and later reads
rasters with GDAL anyway so GeoTIFF is probably a good choice. If it's
very large consider the options for compression and tiling.

See library(raster);?writeRaster; writeFormats()  for details for that
package, writeGDAL will write a GeoTIFF by default.

See here for details on many formats, and the package docs for other details:
http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html

Cheers, Mike.