[R-sig-Geo] Model design

alfreda morinez alfredamorinez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 19:59:44 CET 2011

Hi Robert,

Thanks for this,

So my concern was the high levels of spatial auto-correlation. I made
a semi-variogram of the cell's x and y values and tested for
significant difference from predicted value ( which there was).

So what you are saying is to take the average per AREA maybe in the
form of a ANOVA and test for significant differences between the
AREAS?

However my concern with this approach is that the average is not
realistic as two cells next to each other are not independent from
each other due to their proximity to each other. Hence the approach i
am taking?

Alfreda