[R-sig-Geo] Problem reading files through rgdal

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:38:45 CET 2011

On 13/12/11 11:09, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Do you mean libgdal1-1.8 from ubuntugis-unstable? \

That is the culprit - yes.

> This is what I have (I think, actually Synaptic does not tell you
> from which repo the packages comes from and I do not know how to
> actually make sure my libgdal comes from).

Yes, this is sometimes tricky, but if you right-click on libgdal, and
select propertiesm, which gives you an indication where it comes from.

Also, you cal select ion the left side "Origin", and it shows you all
the repositories.

> Also, what do you mean by "locking"? selecting "Mark Recommended
> for installation"?

The version from Oneiric is libgdal1-1.7.0. Just install it, and just
uninstal 1.1.8. As I said, there might be some dependency issues, if
you use other packages from ubuntugis-unstable - just try it out.

As these have different names, you do not have to lock the version.

Then you obviously have to reinstall rgdal.

Rainer