[R-sig-Geo] How to interpolate river cross section with R?

Stephen Sefick sas0025 at auburn.edu
Sat Dec 10 20:43:28 CET 2011

I think I would look into GRASS GIS.  There are some very good
interpolation algorithms that are implemented there already.  Likely,
you can do this with either R or GRASS, whether it is sensible is up to
you.

It sounds like the survey data and the DEM data are referenced to
different elevation datums.  How far off are the elevation values?

--
Stephen Sefick
Auburn University
sas0025 at auburn.edu
http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal
science."

                              -Robert Gentleman