[R-sig-Geo] how to initialize corStruct with a distance matrix

Jean-Baptiste Ferdy ferdy at cict.fr
Fri Aug 26 21:00:35 CEST 2011

Dear R-users,

I'd like to use a corStruct matrix in fitting a binomial model, but I
need to define it using a pre-calculated distance matrix (instead of
feeding it with spatial coordinates). Do you have any idea on how to do
this in a simple manner?

So far the only way I could imagine was to define my own corStruct class
that computes the correlation matrix from the distance matrix. I've ried
it and it works for a simple model. But when it comes to adding a nugget
to corStruct, I am stuck.

Jean-Baptiste Ferdy
Évolution et Diversité Biologique (EDB) - UMR CNRS-UPS 5174
Université Paul Sabatier - Toulouse III
118 Route de Narbonne. Bat IV R3, entrée b2
31 062 Toulouse Cedex 9
FRANCE

Tel: (33) 05 61 55 73 44
Fax: (33) 05 61 55 73 27