[R-sig-Geo] stplot: choosing constant time interval between plots

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Fri Aug 26 19:55:35 CEST 2011

Mathieu,

as stplot for STIDF's is still pretty "bare", or simple, you might as
well work directly with xyplot from lattice. Having your data, it turns
out you only have a limited number of dates, the following seems to work:

library(lattice)
xyplot(y_sref~x_sref|time,  as.data.frame(ciotat.t),
   scales=list(draw=F), asp="iso", xlab=NULL, ylab=NULL,
   panel = function(x,y,...) {
      sp.lines(contour);
      panel.xyplot(x,y,...)
   }
)

as stplot assumes time is irregular, it uses

xyplot(y_sref~x_sref | equal.count(time), ...

which bins time into a small number of classes.

Hth,