[R-sig-Geo] spacetime: remove NAs from STSDF object

Christian Kamenik christian.kamenik at giub.unibe.ch
Mon Aug 22 17:49:40 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I have observations in space and time with quite a lot of missing values
that I want to arrange in a space-time sparse data-frame object (STSDF
from package 'spacetime'). For simplicity, I first created a
spatio-temporal full grid data frame (which I call my.STFDF) that
included all the missing observations. Then I did the following:

my.STSDF <- as(my.STFDF, "STSDF")
slot(my.STSDF,'index') <-
slot(my.STSDF,'data') <-

This is the first time I try the spacetime package, and I was wondering
if the code above would be an appropriate way of dealing with STFDF and
STSDF objects.

Many thanks in advance, Christian

Oeschger Centre for Climate Change Research, Institute of Geography&  Institute of Plant Sciences
University of Bern

mailto: christian.kamenik at giub.unibe.ch

Postal address:
Dr. Christian Kamenik