[R-sig-Geo] issue importing GRIB1 data with readGDAL

Ariel Ortiz-Bobea aortizbobea at arec.umd.edu
Thu Aug 18 01:44:49 CEST 2011

Great Robert! It now works! What a relief...

I imported using:
counties <- readShapePoly("co99_d00.shp", proj4string =
*CRS("+proj=longlat")* )

and then proceeded to transforming the projection as you indicated:
countlcc <- spTransform(counties, proj)

I thought I had done this in my example when reading the shape file... but
it does not work this way:
counties <- readShapePoly("co99_d00.shp", proj4string = *CRS(
proj4string(test) )* )

...suggesting that "readShapePoly" does not transform the projection - it
just reads them!

Thanks a lot!

Ariel OB

-----
Ariel Ortiz-Bobea
PhD Candidate in Agricultural & Resource Economics
University of Maryland - College Park