[R-sig-Geo] There is a better distribution of linux to get the best performance of R, GRASS.. etc?

Virgilio Gomez Rubio Virgilio.Gomez at uclm.es
Fri Sep 17 13:43:11 CEST 2010

Dear Jaime,

In addition to all options pointed out, you may want to try Quantian:

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html

It provides a scientific computing environment based on knoppix and it
can boot from a CD/DVD. R and Grass are both included. This will give
you a flavour of what is available with no installation at all. Expect
it to be slower than a proper installation on the hard drive.

Hope this helps.

Virgilio