[R-sig-Geo] Is there a function to correct arc-node topology of network

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Sep 9 18:06:37 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM, binbin lu <lubinbin220 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a function in any R package to correct  arc-node topology of
> a network? Similar with the Arcinfo function "Clean (Coverage)".

 The GRASS GIS system can do this via v.clean:

http://grass.fbk.eu/gdp/html_grass63/v.clean.html

 and there's some R-GRASS interoperability tools (I haven't played
with them much, but others on this list have). I think it would be
easier to do it with GRASS than for someone to implement sliver and
dangle removal in R from scratch.

 That said, I do have some code from waaay back that does clean and
build topology for the old-style R 'maps' data format. I've just
recovered it from a backup from 1995 and if I get a chance I might see
if it compiles and play with it. Prospects not good though!

Barry