[R-sig-Geo] European Union NUTS2, NUTS3 regions (SHP format)

Valentina.de phate207 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:08:13 CEST 2010

Barry Rowlingson wrote:

> 2010/8/27 Tomas Zelinsky <tomas.zelinsky at tuke.sk>:
>  Looking at NUTS_RG_60M_2006.SHP there's a STAT_LEVL_ variable which I
> guess is the NUTS level code - this is probably documented in the
> meta-data somewhere. So you can do:
>
>  require(rgdal)
>  s = readOGR(".","NUTS_RG_60M_2006")
>  plot(s[s$STAT_LEVL_==0,])
>  plot(s[s$STAT_LEVL_==1,])

Hello,

can you please explain me the steps to do it?I can't understand where I can
require the extraction..

Moreover I need to change the order of the entries ( by alphabetical order
for the NUTS 2  name) as I have to add a column with the cluster name (from
the analysis I am doing) in order to succeed -finally- at creating a map of
nuts 2 with different colors for each cluster of regions.

I am grateful for you kind attention,

Valentina.