[R-sig-Geo] R 2.12.0 and rgdal

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Oct 18 15:59:56 CEST 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:

> Dear list members.
>
> I have just updated to R 2.12.0, and see that the ‘rgdal’ package isn’t
> available for installing from CRAN. Is it just a matter of time before it’s
> available, or are there some technical problems?

No, the migration of binaries for Windows for both 32 and 64 bit has led
to rgdal being provided from the CRAN extras repository rather than on
CRAN mirrors, because of the extensive external dependencies, see:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/r-release/ReadMe

On OSX one says:

setRepositories(ind=1:2)
install.packages("rgdal")

but I don't have access now to a Windows installation, so cannot check the
incantation. If those interested could check, I'll summarise to the list.