[R-sig-Geo] UTM problem

Werner W. pensterfuzzer at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 13 16:08:59 CEST 2010

Hi Sarah,

many thanks for checking this. I looked at the documentation again and this is
the info about the GPS receiver setting they used:
POSITION FRMT: hddd.ddddd
MAP DATUM: WGS 84
CDI: +-0.25
UNITS: METRIC
HEADINGS: GRID E000
DEGEES

I'm not sure if this is any useful.
Any idea what I should be looking for?

The survey actually covers the whole of Uganda. Can it actually be that the
entire country is UTM zone 36N or does the zone have to change? The docu
suggests it is all 36N.

Thanks again,
  Werner