[R-sig-Geo] Package for Classification????

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Nov 17 16:24:08 CET 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Lucy Tallents wrote:

> Dear Malik,
>
> If you need help in installing the xml package (from the list, not from
> newbie me!), you would need to provide more information about your setup
> (operating system/R version), what method you used to install (download zip
> file, install directly through R?), and the precise error message.  However,
> I strongly suggest that you use the online help and maillist archives to try
> and find your answer before sending a request to the list.

When asking a question about R software, please always include the output
of sessionInfo(), which shows what versions you are using on what
platform.

In this case, on standard R Windows 2.12.0, install.packages("spgrass6")
should pick up spgrass6, sp, and rgdal from your chosen CRAN mirror, and
XML from CRAN extras:

http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.12/

which is the second of the enabled repositories on standard Windows
installs. If this doesn't work for any reason, install sp, rgdal, then
download and install XML from the address above, finally installing
spgrass6.

There is also a statsgrass mailing list for interface questions:

http://grass.osgeo.org/statsgrass/index.php

Roger