[R-sig-Geo] sp2WB in Maptools - order of polygons

kath_o_reilly k.oreilly at imperial.ac.uk
Tue May 4 11:30:54 CEST 2010

Dear R users,

I plan on using the command sp2WB to convert a .shp file to a .map file in
order to carry out some analysis in WinBUGS. Thanks for the threads I've
followed on how to do this.

The command itself is working fine and produces the map I would expect.
However to analyse the data for each polygon, I need to know which polygon
is which. How do I determine the ID for each polygon generated? I'm hoping
there is a better solution than figuring it out by hand...

Regards,

Kath O'Reilly