[R-sig-Geo] Reading and using shapefile metadata?

Dan Putler dan.putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Wed Mar 31 02:11:07 CEST 2010

Hi Don,

In R, the only thing I can think to do is parse the XML (using the R XML
package), creating a data frame that has the attribute labels as one
column and the human friendly text strings in another. You can then
merge this data frame with the SpatialLinesDataFrame containing the
edges.

Dan

--
Dan Putler