[R-sig-Geo] Multivariate spatio-temporal modelling

Danlin Yu yud at mail.montclair.edu
Wed Mar 24 18:14:00 CET 2010

Dear Nicola Batchelor:

I am also quite interested in spatiotemporal modeling, specifically
spatiotemporal regression analysis. I am not quite sure whether this
would help, but I am developing a "geographically weighted panel
regression" method combining both spgwr and plm packages. The
development is in a very early stage. If you are interested and more
importantly, if you are looking for a regression-like analysis, we might
be able to discuss further for the codes and relevant information.

Best,
Danlin

Nicola Batchelor ??:
> Dear list.
>
> I've completed a spatial GLM analysis of a dataset with one outcome variable
> (binomial) using geoRglm.  I now want to go on to extend this analysis in 2
> ways: 1) incorporating a temporal element and 2) using a second (related)
> outcome variable.
>
> As far as I am aware, geoRglm doesn't have the functionality for
> spatio-temporal modelling, or for multivariate modelling.  Is this correct?
> >From a brief look around on the web it seems like spBayes could be the thing
> for the job.
>
> Can anyone give me a wee bit of advice as to whether spBayes could
> potentially be right for what I want to do (or if there is anything else
> which I could use)? Basically, I want to carry out spatio-temporal modelling
> of joint distribution data for 2 related disease measures (will be disease
> prevalence or counts in humans and animals). The outputs I want (if
> possible) are estimates of covariate effects on both human and animal
> disease, the relationship between human and animal disease and a
> spatio-temporal prediction.
>
> Please forgive me if I use the wrong technical terms as my first analysis
> with geoRglm was my first ever introduction to geostatistics and spatial
> modelling...perhaps I am being overambitious!
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Nicola Batchelor
> University of Edinburgh and University of Southampton

Danlin Yu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of GIS and Urban Geography
Department of Earth & Environmental Studies
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ, 07043
Tel: 973-655-4313
Fax: 973-655-4072