[R-sig-Geo] Multivariate spatio-temporal modelling

Nicola Batchelor N.A.Batchelor at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 16:44:44 CET 2010

Dear list.

I've completed a spatial GLM analysis of a dataset with one outcome variable
(binomial) using geoRglm.  I now want to go on to extend this analysis in 2
ways: 1) incorporating a temporal element and 2) using a second (related)
outcome variable.

As far as I am aware, geoRglm doesn't have the functionality for
spatio-temporal modelling, or for multivariate modelling.  Is this correct?
>From a brief look around on the web it seems like spBayes could be the thing
for the job.

Can anyone give me a wee bit of advice as to whether spBayes could
potentially be right for what I want to do (or if there is anything else
which I could use)? Basically, I want to carry out spatio-temporal modelling
of joint distribution data for 2 related disease measures (will be disease
prevalence or counts in humans and animals). The outputs I want (if
possible) are estimates of covariate effects on both human and animal
disease, the relationship between human and animal disease and a
spatio-temporal prediction.

Please forgive me if I use the wrong technical terms as my first analysis
with geoRglm was my first ever introduction to geostatistics and spatial
modelling...perhaps I am being overambitious!

Many thanks in advance,

Nicola Batchelor
University of Edinburgh and University of Southampton

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.