[R-sig-Geo] GEOSTAT 2010 summer school Live broadcast

Tomislav Hengl hengl at spatial-analyst.net
Thu Jun 24 12:45:49 CEST 2010

Dear R-sig-geo,

Next week, we (Roger Bivand, Edzer Pebesma, Gerard Heuvelink, Olaf Conrad, Markus Metz, Victor Olaya and I) will run the GEOSTAT 2010 summer school in Plasencia, Spain. We have decided to open a live broadcast channel (sound and screencasting + separate web-cams), and open this summer school to public. For more info see:

[http://geostat2010.info/Live]

The summer school will start on Monday 28-06 at 9:00 European time. The complete programme of the summer school (including the slides etc) is available at: [http://geostat2010.info/programme]. We hope to record all sessions and then publish the videos after the end of the summer school, so you do not necessarily have to follow the lectures live.
PS: I have never run a webcasting with an open channel, so there might be some technical difficulties for which we apologize in advance (we did pay a subscription for the InstantPresenter, so it would not only be our fault).

On Friday 2-07 we will run a GEOSTAT workshop where anybody will be able to present a problem and get some live feedback (sort of Live R-sig-geo). If some of you would like to present some new package or functionality through webcasting, please submit a proposal via the course website [http://geostat2011.info/Instructions] and we might add you to the programme. You will need to register at the website before you can submit content of course.

GEOSTAT2011 - CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
Would some of you like to host the http://geostat2011.info event? If you think that you have energy and enthusiasm (end a lot of support from your bosses), then please submit a proposal via [http://geostat2010.info/proposal_geostat2011], by 1st of October 2010 the latest. Of course, before you can submit a proposal, you will need to do some home work and collect information, get permissions etc, hence the deadline in 3 months.

yours,

Tom Hengl
http://home.medewerker.uva.nl/t.hengl/