[R-sig-Geo] About extcoeff function.-

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:32:09 CEST 2010

The runif function has arguments min/max:

args(runif)
#function (n, min = 0, max = 1)
#NULL

So, in the first example the sampling is done in [0, 10] and the
second in [100, 200] - so the approximate centre is (5,5) and (150,
150) respectively.

In terms of the extcoeff function, the resulting plot centre is to do
with the modelling process - some transformation that is not simply
related to the actual coordinates of the data.

Someone here may be familiar with this package, but in general terms
the package author is perhaps a more appropriate target for your
questions than this list. There is a vignette in the package, if you
have not already read it:

vignette("SpatialExtremesGuide")

Cheers, Mike.