[R-sig-Geo] About extcoeff function.-

Freddy López folopez at ivic.gob.ve
Mon Jun 7 16:12:28 CEST 2010

Dear All,

First of all, I present my apologise for this question. I'm sure this
has an easy solution; but I've no found one yet.

When I run the example of extcoeff function (in SpatialExtremes
library) I get a plot which axis are latitude and longitude, I
understand.

In that example the locations are created using:

locations <- matrix(runif(2*n.site, 0, 10), ncol = 2)

and I asume that for this reason the 'center' of the plot is about (0,0).

But (and around here emerge my doubts) if I replace the later locations by:

locations <- matrix(runif(2*n.site, 100, 200), ncol = 2)

I could imagine the 'center' of the plot is not (0,0) (perhaps about
(100,100)?) but this is not the case.

Why this question? Because I have a set of real locations with real
pluviometrical measures and the plot (extcoeff plot) is refering to
different coordinates (always around (0,0)).

I don't know if I have misunderstood the help page or something else.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

--
«But Gwindor answered: 'The doom lies in yourself, not in your name.'»

JRR Tolkien