[R-sig-Geo] maximum likelihood variogram parameter estimation, non-Euclidian distances

Facundo Muñoz famuvie at alumni.uv.es
Thu Jul 15 10:38:49 CEST 2010

  Hi Tim,
I have been in a similar situation, and modified some functions in geoR
in order to fit variograms, and perform kriging with non-Euclidean
distances. In particular, you can use likfit() and get
maximum-likelihood estimates for variogram models with non-Euclidean
distances.
You can get the modified package (source) from
http://www.geeitema.org/doc/guenmap//docs/modif.geoR.1.6-27.tar.gz.

Please note that this modifications do not perform positive-definiteness
checking.
You should do that manually.
That is something I should implement.

Please let me know if you try it, and if you need any help.
ƒacu.-