[R-sig-Geo] OSgeo live DVD

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Dec 16 12:48:57 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Massimo Di Stefano
<massimodisasha at gmail.com> wrote:

> the R packages installed on the Osgeo-Live are :
>
> https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/app-conf/R/installRpackages.r
>
> packagelist is what actually is installed
>
> while packagelist2 is commented out (more complete list)
>
> Can you point me to which package we need to add/delete from the list ?

 I suspect R-2.12.0 will be the one for the next OSgeo DVD, unless
there's a 2.12.1 fixup release due imminently.

Some problems installing the packages in the first list:

 Warning messages:
1: In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘pkgDepTools’ is not available

 ? What's that?

3: In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘Rgraphviz’ is not available

 Has this just not been updated for R-2.12 yet?

6: In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘automaps’ is not available

 There's 'automap' but not 'automaps' - is this a typo (or a rename?)
'automap' installs just fine.

 Errors 2, 4 and 5 were rgdal not installing because I hadn't got the
-dev package installed.

 I've not checked the packages in the packages2 list, but we might
consider adding the 'rworldmap' package to the main list, since this
is supposed to give newbie R users a simple interface to making global
maps.

Barry