[R-sig-Geo] About plotting maximum data over a region.-

Freddy López folopez at ivic.gob.ve
Tue Aug 31 18:22:49 CEST 2010

Dear ALL,

Perhaps my problem does not belong exactly to this list... I apologize for this.

My situation is the following:

I have a dataset with 26 sites (columns) whose values are annual
maximum since 1960 up to 1999 (40 rows) and I want to plotting it.  Of
course I have also the coordinates from each site.

I have seen one example similar to what I am looking for (function
simmaxstab() in SpatialExtremes):

>filled.contour(x, y, log(data[,,1]), color.palette = terrain.colors)

But at first glance it does not work to my data. The error that it report is:

> filled.contour(coor2[,1], coor2[,2], nueva2)
Error en filled.contour(coor2[, 1], coor2[, 2], nueva2) :
  increasing 'x' and 'y' values expected

Can anybody help me to plot my particular dataset?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

--
«But Gwindor answered: 'The doom lies in yourself, not in your name.'»

JRR Tolkien