[R-sig-Geo] Label only 2 (min & max) contour lines using Lattice's contourplot() ?

Jorgy Porgee jorgy.porgee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 17:28:33 CEST 2010

Good day all, I hope someone can help.

I'm new to the contourplot() function and because the contour plots
I'm making have very close contour lines, I'd like to label only the
minimum and maximum values. Is there a straight forward way of doing
this?

Thus far, I've tried setting the labels argument i.e contourplot(...,
labels=list(cex=0.8,labels=c(minValue,maxValue), ...) but with no luck
- all contour lines are still labelled which leads to unsightly,
overlapping text.

Kindly advise on how to get around this..

Thanking you in advance,

Jorge.