[R-sig-Geo] operations with grassgis

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Aug 25 09:28:38 CEST 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Ricardo Rodríguez wrote:

> hi all am new to the use of R-cran, I have a question that you can carry
> objects grassgis calculations or the results of a particular process.
> thanks for the help and attention

Please first read the "Spatial" task view on your CRAN mirror carefully,
and follow up references in the links given there.

The file included with spgrass6 is also at:

http://www.osgeo.org/ojs/index.php/journal/issue/view/17

showing the status of the interface some years ago. There is also a
captured session at:

http://spatial.nhh.no/wun09/wun_grass.swf

again using R within an existing GRASS location. Documentation on using R
with temporary GRASS locations is less user-friendly, because this
approach has been added more recently. See also the statsgrass list
archives:

http://grass.osgeo.org/statsgrass/index.php

Hope this helps,

Roger