[R-sig-Geo] warnings in fit.variogram and autofitVariogram

Pierre Roudier pierre.roudier at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 09:07:24 CEST 2010

Hello Kad,

The best thing to do is probably to actually *read* those warnings.

It is not that clear what models you tried to fit, but basically I
guess you tested the full range of models available through gstat (see
vgm()). One of them (the bessel model) does not fit using the tested
parameters. It has been excluded.

The second warning is related to that : some models have been excluded
because they had a negative sill and/or range and/or nugget value
fitted.

Now I suggest you to try to dig a bit more the doc and understand what
the autoKrige function is actually doing (i.e. computing an
experimental semi-variogram, then fitting a model, then use it in a
kriging routine).

Pierre