[R-sig-Geo] Choosing the right nb2listw-style

Breitbach, Nils breitbach at uni-mainz.de
Sun Aug 22 18:54:02 CEST 2010

Dear Community,

to be able to evaluate the spatial autocorrelation within may data I am forced with the question of how to correctly choose the neighbours for my data. My study plots (points) are not evenly distributed over my study area (approx. 30 x 30 km in size) and also the land-use type is not evenly distributed over the study area and therefore I want to evaluate the spatial autocorrelation for this data set. To finally calculate the Moran's I or plot variograms/correlograms I now need to calculate the neighbourhood relationships of my study plots. For the given characteristic of my data (especially their non-even distribution) I am now somewhat uncertain about the right style (W,  B, C, U or S) of the  nb2listw() object that suits best for my kind of data.

Can anyone recommend the "right" style for my kind of data?

Thanks for help!
Regards,

Nils

Nils Breitbach, Dipl.-Biol.