[R-sig-Geo] Moran's I based on ZIP Code data

Nikhil Kaza nikhil.list at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:56:56 CEST 2010

The national files for the zipcodes seems greyed out. I would caution
against creating nb lists for each state separate and then creating a
US wide neighbour list because, there will some zip codes in Alabama
who are neighbours to  zipcodes in GA, MS, TN. I would merge them
first into one big file and then construct the poly list.  you may run
into memory issues for this operation, depending on your set up.

Nikhil Kaza
Asst. Professor,
City and Regional Planning
University of North Carolina