[R-sig-Geo] drop layer/band from SpatialGridDataFrame

Matthew Landis landis at isciences.com
Tue Aug 10 21:55:41 CEST 2010

  Andy - how about these two options

monthly.sp at data <- monthly.sp at data[-1,]

or (cheating with the help of raster package)

monthly.stack <- as(monthly.sp, 'RasterStack')
monthly.stack <- dropLayer(monthly.stack, 1)
monthly.sp <- as(monthly.stack, 'SpatialGridDataFrame')

Apologies if these are nonsense - I don't have time to actually test
these out on a toy example at the moment.

Matt

--
Matthew Landis, Ph.D.