[R-sig-Geo] Problems with writeGDAL (gridded function)

Pierre Roudier pierre.roudier at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 02:01:58 CEST 2010

Sorry for posting again,

Reading through the raster reference manual, I just realised you can
actually use the raster package internal function for writing rasters,
writeRaster() :

library(raster)
data(drg) # Loading some sample data
class(drg) # drg is a "RasterLayer" object
writeRaster(drg, "bar.tif") # No class conversion needed

This is more straightforward, and it's using GDAL as well for most formats,

Pierre