[R-sig-Geo] Polygons from lines with open endings

Breitbach, Nils breitbach at uni-mainz.de
Mon Apr 26 14:10:58 CEST 2010

Dear Community,

I am looking for a way to create polygons from a line-shape. I have now have a line-shape where streets are characterised by the space between the right and the left boarder of the street and the boarders consist of lines. Of course the lines/streets are open at their endings and thus it was not possible to create polygons with ArcGIS or any tools from the toolbox. Since, I cannot manually close all endings, I would like to do find a way to create polygons from lines with open endings.
Any suggestions ...?

Cheers,

Nils

Nils Breitbach, Dipl.-Biol.