[R-sig-Geo] Customized cost distance function ?

Jean-Paul Kibambe Lubamba Jean-Paul.Kibambe at uclouvain.be
Fri Apr 23 19:11:43 CEST 2010

Hello list,

I want to compute a cost distance function (or even an euclidean
distance), from a polyline object.

Instead of closest cells (to polylines) of the resulting cost distance
raster having a value of 0, I would want them to pick up an attribute
value of the related line object. Their neighborhood cells will have
values  based on the cost distance or euclidean distance algorithm.
Roughly speaking, I do not want "origin" cells of the cost distance
raster to have a value of zero but a value from an attribute of the
nearest line object.

Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Any help is welcome... Thanks in advance !

JP