[R-sig-Geo] automap model defaults

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Thu Apr 15 14:49:12 CEST 2010

Mark, please note that the linear model (with nugget), having only two
parameters where most models have three (nugget, range, sill) or four (+
smoothness) arises as a special case of e.g. the spherical or
exponential model when the range becomes infinite, or at least very
large compared to the spatial extent. I'm not sure if automap allows
fitting of very large range values.
--
Edzer