[R-sig-Geo] How to make "meuse" data generates "meuse.grid" data?

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Mon Sep 28 09:48:34 CEST 2009

Edzer Pebesma wrote:
> Jessica,
>
> I don't know the exact details, either I wasn't there or it is too long
> ago.
>
> If you have a polygon that encloses your study region, look into using
> method ovelay to find out which grid points of the full (rectangular)
> grid fall inside your polygon.

Hi all,

or alternatively, sample directly from the polygon using spsample, see
also the e-mail I replied ealier to Jessica's question.

quote:

Hi,

data(meuse.grid)

to generate meuse.grid from meuse use something like:

data(meuse)
coordinates(meuse) = ~x+y
meuse_grid = spsample(meuse, type = "regular", cellsize = c(40,40))
gridded(meuse_grid) = TRUE

unquote
> for the sig/wiki: is this a FAQ as well?
> --
> Edzer
>
> jessica243 wrote:
>
>> Dear Edzer,
>> I am sorry to writing again,last time I ask you how to make"meuse" data generates "meuse.grid" data? you told me use "SpatialPixels( Spatialpoints(makegrid(meuse)))".I found using this method, the results do not the same as meuse.grid.
Could you define "not the same".

cheers,
Paul

--