[R-sig-Geo] First thoughts on spatio-temporal classes...

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 06:53:17 CEST 2009

Hi, I just want to let you know that I'm hoping to update the trip
(and tripEstimation) packages over the next few months so I'm very
open to suggestions if you are interested.

The main thing I want to do is to ensure that the capacity in sp for
use of 3 or more coordinates (X, Y, Z, T,...) is well supported, and
then simplify the implementation of trip on top of
SpatialPointsDataFrame. It would be nice to make it less of a special
case, and perhaps it would be best to apply it as a multipoint type
(as presented in the ASDAR book). That might be a good way to handle
collections (such as sets of individual trips).

Regards, Mike