[R-sig-Geo] Intersection of two coordinates (triangulation)

Breitbach, Nils breitbach at uni-mainz.de
Fri Sep 11 20:43:18 CEST 2009

Hi Community,

at the moment I am starting to analyse my telemetry data trying to be independent from commercial software. So far I worked with ESRI's ArcInfo to project data from one system into another. No I want to do this with R and so I am looking for a function that is able to do it.

My dataset consists of coordinates in longitude and latitude using WGS1984 and decimal degrees. Now I want to project these coordinates a) into UTM zone 32 north coordinates and b) into Gauss Krueger zone 3 coordinates. Is it possible using R functions or do I need to use GRASS GIS for example? If it is possible, how? Since with the pevious software used I did this type of operations by mouse clicks and ticking options, I would probably need a somewhat detailed explanation. ;)

Thank you!

Nils