[R-sig-Geo] write.sn2gwt and lost region.id

pota0011 at umn.edu pota0011 at umn.edu
Fri Oct 30 20:41:20 CET 2009

I'm mostly working with classic GeoDa. It uses the legacy GWT format when
creating/opening GWT files with Rec_Num 1,..N IDs. However, write.sn2gwt
always uses the new format with the "shpfile" and "ind" fields, even though
it doesn't pass region.ids. So it seems to me that one has to edit the
header file to the old format by deleting everything by the number of IDs,
before classic GeoDa can read the file. It would be great if write.sn2gwt
could either pass the region.ids or alternatively have an option for
creating the GWT file in legacy format. At least that's how I'm
understanding things; let me know if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks,
John