[R-sig-Geo] Create ESRI personal geodatabase (.mdb) in R?

Hisaji ONO hi_ono2001 at ybb.ne.jp
Mon Oct 26 18:28:00 CET 2009

Hello.

 I think it's good idea for R to use SpatiaLite instead of
dealing with shapefiles directly.

 SpatiaLite has functions of Raster GIS and routing, so
these functions will enrich spatial analyses in R.

 It'll be better SQLite/SpatiaLite embedded within R as
internal DB.

 I hope some day R will be running with SpatiaLite and
Grass GIS on iPhone, Android and Nokia 900 for field
working.

 Regards.