[R-sig-Geo] Create ESRI personal geodatabase (.mdb) in R?

Dan Putler dan.putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Sun Oct 25 00:34:49 CEST 2009

The response I got from the gdal-dev list is that starting in GDAL/OGR
1.6.0 there is a read-only driver or SpatiaLite files, and that there is
currently a working read and write driver for SpatiaLite in the GDAL/OGR
1.7.0 SVN. OSGEO4W currently has the default install GDAL/OGR 1.5.4, but
GDAL/OGR 1.6.0 as an advanced install option. Eventually the SpatialLite
read/write capability for GDAL/OGR will make it to OSGEO4W, so it is
something of a moot point now.

Dan

Dan Putler
Sauder School of Business