[R-sig-Geo] Assessing residual spatial autocorrelation in a Poisson

Roberto Patuelli roberto.patuelli at usi.ch
Fri Nov 27 01:25:17 CET 2009

Dear Karen,

I've also been working on spatial count (glm) models, in particular using
spatial filtering (Griffith 2003), which helps you incorporating spatial
autocorrelation in the mean response term.
Michael Tiefelsdorf has written a spatial filtering code in R, which is
included in spdep. But it is based on a Moran's I minimization criterion
only, and uses (if I'm not wrong) a linear model.
Instead I've used it on count regressions, by writing my own R code, which
of course I'm willing to share :) For example, I will soon make the code
used in this paper (http://ideas.repec.org/p/lug/wpaper/0806.html), which is
forthcoming on the Annals of Regional Science, public.
See my website for more :))

Cheers
Roberto

********************
Roberto Patuelli, Ph.D.
Istituto Ricerche Economiche (IRE) (Institute for Economic Research)
Università della Svizzera Italiana (University of Lugano)
via Maderno 24, CP 4361
CH-6904 Lugano
Switzerland
Phone: +41-(0)58-666-4166