[R-sig-Geo] Spatial interpolation of river network observations

Tomislav Hengl hengl at spatial-analyst.net
Tue Nov 17 12:45:58 CET 2009

Hi Ultrich,

Facundo Muñoz apparently made a GRASS function to derive distances along streams:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2009-November/006851.html

17 observations only? That is really tight for any geostatistical analysis (on top, you want to do 3
dimensions!). I would instead consider fitting a smooth surface (splines) / simulating the flow
processes.

all the best,

T. Hengl
http://home.medewerker.uva.nl/t.hengl/