[R-sig-Geo] Spatial interpolation of river network observations

Ulrich Leopold Ulrich.Leopold at Tudor.lu
Tue Nov 17 10:52:45 CET 2009

Dear all,

I would like to interpolate 17 pollution observations in a storage lake
in 3 dimensions (x,y,z).

As I understand variogram analysis and kriging are not straightforward
as we are dealing with non-euclidean (hydrologic) distances and
down-stream direction.

Could someone point me to some algorithms which can roughly estimate the
3d pollution body accounting for hydrologic distances?

Attached is a file which shows the sampling locations and the storage lake.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Ulrich

Ulrich Leopold

Resource Centre for Environmental Technologies, Public Research Centre
Henri Tudor, Technoport Schlassgoart, 66 rue de Luxembourg, P.O. BOX
144, L-4002 Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg

tel: +352 42 5591 618
fax: +352 42 5591 555
mobile: +352 691 304813
http://www.crte.lu , http://www.tudor.lu