[R-sig-Geo] spgrass6 and R 2.9

Dylan Beaudette debeaudette at ucdavis.edu
Fri May 29 23:26:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

Just upgraded to R 2.9.0 this morning, and tried to update all of my packages.
Everyhing seemed to work, except spgrass6. Manually removing the old packing
and installing fresh resulted in:

install.packages('spgrass6', dep=TRUE)
trying URL 'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/src/contrib/spgrass6_0.6-6.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 332298 bytes (324 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 324 Kb

* Installing *source* package 'spgrass6' ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Geospatial Data Abstraction Library extensions to R successfully loaded
Loaded GDAL runtime: GDAL 1.7.0dev, released 2008/11/26
Path to GDAL shared files: /usr/local/share/gdal
Loaded PROJ.4 runtime: Rel. 4.6.0, 21 Dec 2007
Path to PROJ.4 shared files: (autodetected)
** help
*** installing help indices
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'spgrass6'
     Formats: text html latex example
  execGRASS                         text    html    latex   example
  gmeta6                            text    html    latex   example
  initGRASS                         text    html    latex   example
  readRAST6                         text    html    latex   example
  readVECT6                         text    html    latex   example
  spgrass6                          text    html    latex   example
** building package indices ...
* DONE (spgrass6)
*** glibc detected *** /usr/local/lib/R/bin/exec/R: double free or corruption
(fasttop): 0x096ac2b0 ***

At this point R stops responding, and I have to issue a `kill -9` to make
regain control of the shell.

Any ideas?

Dylan

--